Your Teeth Are At Risk During Sports
When you play sports, your teeth are at risk! If those sports are high-contact, your risk greatens even further.
One wrong hit to the mouth or jaw can cause minor to serious injuries. These injuries can affect the structural integrity of your teeth.
The 3 main types of dental injuries that can occur are:
- Fractures: Part of the tooth or root was broken or chipped off
- Avulsion: The entire tooth and root were knocked out
- Luxation: The tooth remains in the socket but its position has been displaced
Philadelphia Dental Smiles Helps Protect Your Teeth
The Benefits of Wearing a Sports Mouthguard
- A sports mouthguard does more than just protect your teeth. It can also help to:
- Prevent bruising and cuts inside the mouth
- Protect the lower jaw from injury or dislocation
- Keep the upper and lower teeth separated to prevent grinding or clenching
- Prevent against neck injuries
- Provide cushioning that protects the brain during impacts
Philadelphia Dental Smiles is always accepting new patients! We are committed to providing Philadelphia and the surrounding area with quality dental services. Contact us today to schedule your first appointment and learn more about our services.