Making A Great Impression With Digital Impressions
Do you really not like getting dental impressions done at the dentist’s? At Philadelphia Dental Smiles, we understand impressions can be gooey and uncomfortable. That’s why we use top-quality 3-D scanning to capture digital impressions!
What is a Digital Impression?
A digital impression is a scan of the teeth and gums carried out with an exterior device. Older methods for creating impressions required them to be redone and were not always the most accurate. Digital impressions allow our team to create a highly accurate map of your teeth! To capture a digital impression, we use a wand or intraoral camera inside your mouth. This process only takes a few minutes total.
Benefits of Digital Impressions
Digital impressions can provide you with many advantages over traditional methods. These include:
- No Goopy Materials: Gone are the days of gagging on gooey and sticky substances used during dental impressions. With digital impressions, there is no goop required!
- Better Comfort: Digital impressions do not require much activity within the mouth itself. After the wand or camera has been used to scan your mouth, you’re pretty much done! This results in much greater comfort for the patient.
- Greater Efficiency: The entire digital impression process is fast and well-detailed. You end up with high-quality images and scans in a fraction of the time.
- Cost-Effective: We use this technology to make our dental office more advantageous for our patients. These services come at no extra cost to you!
- Higher Quality: We can obtain much higher quality images and scans through digital impressions. This ensures that any treatments provided are specialized to your exact needs.
For comfortable digital impressions with accurate results, put your trust in Philadelphia Dental Smiles. Call us today!